How did the pandemic affect the global nighttime industries?
2020 through to 2021 has been a hit hard for all industries. Across the world life after dark has weathered increasing adversity as a result of lockdowns and curfews, in an attempt to stifle the spread of the virus.
This timeline depicts the key events in and changes in 2020 that altered the landscape of the night as we know it
- Corona Cases: Cases, Deaths and Lockdowns
- Government: decisions made around Covid-19 and the nighttime industries
- Industry Losses: canceled events, financial losses and tragedies such as closing venues
- New possibilities & concepts: innovative new ideas that occurred as a result of the changed circumstances
- Nighttime: Nightlife news of 2020
Special thanks to the team of the minor ‘Dance Industry’ at Fontys Academy of Creative Alexander Spaans, Marilisa Fragkaki, Pleun Konings and Tessa Spek.
If you have a news story that you think should be included please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add it to the timeline.