- This event has passed.
Berlin Meets NYC
September 14, 2022 @ 16:00 - 17:00
Berlin meets NYC: Sustainable Nightlife – Let’s talk green!
This event will be in-person at the Goethe-Institut New York
What is happening in NYC and Berlin regarding sustainability in nightlife? What are the first steps to more sustainability, and what would it need to make (more) sustainability happen in nightlife? What solutions, models and best practises do already exist and can inspire?
This event is a cooperation of Berlin Partner for Business and Technology with the Goethe-Institut, NYCEDC, NYC Office of Nightlife at the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment, Clubcommission Berlin, Clubtopia, Urban Innovation and Berlin Business Office NYC.
Doors open at 3:30pm
4:00pm: Welcome Remarks
– Nadine Jüdes, Department Head Digital Economy & Startups, Berlin Partner for Business and Technology
– Dr. Jörg Schumacher, Executive Director, Goethe-Institut New York
4:10pm: Best Practices for Sustainable Nightlife
– Katrine Gregersen, Project Coordinator “Clubtopia” at BUND Berlin e.V.
– Eli Goldstein, DJs For Climate Action
– Tim Janßen, Executive Board, Cradle to Cradle NGO
4:30 pm: Panel Discussion
– Moderation by Kae Burke, Founder & CD, House of Yes (tbc)
– Paul Miller, DJ Spooky
– Ariel Palitz, Senior Executive Director of NYC’s Office of Nightlife at the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment
– Marie von der Heydt, Senior Policy & Program Officer for Music, Senate Department for Culture and Europe, Senate Department for Culture and Europe
– Lutz Leichsenring, Spokesman of Clubcommission Berlin & Partner at VibeLab
– Tyler Myers, Director, Knockdown Center
– Lauren Sullivan, Founder, Co-Executive Director, REVERB
5:30 pm: Q&A
6:00pm: Closing Remarks & Networking
– Sebastian Serafin, Deputy Director, Berlin Business Office USA